Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cdelcuore  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 6:32:56 AM(UTC)
cdelcuore

Groups: Registered

push to start switch starts but shuts off rather quickly during the fill cycle....if i hold the switch it will continue to run but will not run any cycle properly
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 5:06:50 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Does the motor start? What did you mean saying: "will not run any cycle properly"?

The Service manual might help.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG MAH3000AWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
cdelcuore  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:22:14 AM(UTC)
cdelcuore

Hi Gene
the button starts the motor but then the motor shuts off after about 10 or less seconds, this happens on all places on the cycle. the button will even start the draining process...again it shuts off quickly. i've checked the water inputs, happens with both cold and hot water. the appliance repair people i've spoken with thing it's an expensive fix, most likely the circuit board so i'm not even asking them to come for a house call to the tune of $100. i'm going to buy a simple top loader from sears to replace the fancy neptune rather than fix it again that way,(this has happened before.) In 2003 the bircuit board and the "wax" motor were replaced by a professional. for the money i'm out on the maytag i could have bought 4 of the one i'm thinking of purchasing. so much for a washer lasting 10 years that cost over a thousand...it should have lasted longer and been repair free....
it's just difficult to believe this appliance is obslotete now...it's looks BEAUTIFUL sitting here, gleaming white, still, heavy and solid, but completely useless from an economic view...the maytag people will give me a 10% repurchase discount...thanks folks, buying a kenmore!!!
i'll probably keep the maytag for a while, see if i can run down the problem myself, and if the fix is reasonable i'll have two washers!
so, if you can think of anything else Gene, i'd love to hear a reply.
THANKS!!
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:00:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Open the control panel and check the control board for any burned spots. Perform the troubleshooting as described in the Service manual.

In case you decided to buy a new washer a top loader is a very smart decision, but not a Kenmore! Sears does not make anything what means when you buy a Kenmore you do not know who made it. I would buy a simple top loader without any computers made by Whirlpool.

Gene.
cdelcuore  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:52:08 PM(UTC)
cdelcuore

Hi again Gene!
A whirlpool is what i think i'm buying at sears. the model is a kenmore 400 3.2.....at least that's what i was told by our local appliance person. a whirlpool is what everyone recommends it seems. at $328 the sears people really want to sell it for a great price. anyway, i will check the board on the maytag and probably keep the thing...maybe the motor is good and there might be some way to bypass the computer circuitry to run the thing in a simple mode....but all those parts that go into a washer like it, they must be good for something!
so i'll check back with you and let you know what happens! thanks for all your help and if i do buy parts for the maytag i WILL buy them from your company. any more advice you have in the meantime would be appreciated. thanks again
cris

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply