Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TAEHARVEY  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 5:15:10 AM(UTC)
TAEHARVEY

Groups: Registered

Washer machine purchased exactly one year ago and now the F1 code appears everytime you attempt to wash and washer stops.

Sears came out for a service call and advised the control board needs to be replaced. Manufacturer warranty just expired and I did not take out additional warranty. At Sears cost I will purchase another washer machine.

Sears cost is $405.00 for the control board and $89.00 for labor plus tax+ total of $518.81. and to get a service warranty at this point that is around $300.00 for one year.

What do I have to lose at this point?

If I purchased the part online is this something that I can fix myself? Should I purchase the part and look around for a local appliance repair shop to fix?

If I have to purchase another washer I am going back to the regular style washers with no bells and whistles they seem to last forever this one replaced a washer I had for twelve years.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

CAT88  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2008 3:32:53 PM(UTC)
CAT88

Groups: Registered

Hello, Just went though this process with our he4t washer. You state that your washer is only one year old. First read your warranty (page 3). Our warranty stated that the control board has a 2 year limited warranty were they (sears) will replace control board free and you pay for labor. If this is not the case you can buy the board for $149.00 plus shipping over the internet and do it yourself very easy to install. Or what I ended up doing since our washer was out of warranty (3 years old)we purcashed the sears smart agreement@ $279.00 sears agrees to fix your washer or give you a in store $500.00 credit towards another washer (there is a $500.00 limit on each service call on this agreement) . But you can have as many service calls as you want doing this 1 year agreement.We went with this agreement cause I wasn't 100% sure that was the Only problem,If I bought the control board @ around $160.00 shipped and that wasn't the problem I wouldn't be able to return a Electrical part. So I thought for a extra $130.00 sears would gaurentee to fix it and I would have a 1 year warranty to. Ended up being just the control panel total $439.00 with labor and the turn around was 1 week, sears service was great even though this washer has some very exspensive weak points .Hope this helps Craig
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply