Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
edbrown2222  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 4, 2012 6:40:54 PM(UTC)
edbrown2222

Groups: Registered

Our Maytag washer Model # LAT8826AAE will fill and agitate fine, but will not drain/spin then advance to rinse cycle. The timer will advance to the end of the cycle but the tub is left sitting full of water with fabric softener still in the dispenser on top of the agitator. If I then move the dial back around between the wash/rinse cycle and find the "sweet spot" the tub will drain/spin/rinse/drain/spin then proceed completely to the end of the cycle. However, it is very difficult to find the "sweet spot". Sometimes we also just have to pull out on the time knob and move it back and forth then the tub will begin draining then spin and proceed to the rinse cycle (almost like there is some type of short). I purchased a new timer from this site (PN 22001694) and installed it. However, the new timer would not advance at all. The tub filled and agitated fine, but the new timer would not even move, just stayed on "wash" and continued agitating. I had to manually move the new timer one click at a time to get the machine to drain/spin/rinse/spin. So I called customer service and told them the new timer was bad so they sent me another one. I installed it today and same thing. The 2nd new timer also will not advance past wash. It fills then just agitates forever unless I manually advance the timer one click at a time through the various cycles. I checked the continuity on the lid switch and it is ok. I did re-install the original timer and it is doing the same thing. The timer still advances to the end of the cycle, but the drum fills & agitates, but does not drain/spin/rinse/spin. It is still sitting full of water once the timer is done, then I have to manually find the "sweet spot" again. I doubt if I received two bad timers; there are two different timers listed on the site for this model, could one of them be incorrect and I just happened to order the wrong one? Or could this be another issue? Sorry for the long-winded post, but I am confused. :confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.