Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
larrywick  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 22, 2012 1:43:52 PM(UTC)
larrywick

Groups: Registered

Hi, I am trying to repair a Kenmore Elite front loading washer that went dead, control panel shows nothing when plugged in, but gives 3 quick beeps when power button is depressed. Owner had purchased a new CCU and installed it, and it ran for a short time and quit, dead. He got another CCU and asked me to check machine out and install it. There is no click or other noise coming from either the old or new CCU when plugged into the wall and no lights come on at the control panel. I ran the self diagnosis on both CCU's with identical results as follows

Push and release 2nd rinse button 3 times slowly, panel lights up. There is a chime between codes
8:88
C:00
U:11
U:00
U:00
n:00
:nC
3:13
screen goes blank
and then after a couple of minutes
F70

I checked the continuity of both wire bundles running from the control panel to the CCU and they check out good, I checked the continuity of the door lock both thru the cable to CCU and at the component, both good, I tried manually depressing the door switch, no change. I also checked the switch with ohm meter and switch closes when depressed.

Any ideas?
Larry
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.