Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
franky347  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:49:12 PM(UTC)
franky347

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I'm having a hard time with this one. Let me tell you right off the bat that I changed the timer, the clutch, the coupler (with metal insert), and bypassed the kill switch.
This machine from hell works ok until it reaches the spin cycle. The pump drains the water but the motor doesn't start. I hear a light buzzing noise (could be the pump), and to activate the spin, I need to push the timer button, until I hear a clicking noise and I can then pull to start it back. It will then proceed as it should until the high spin, moment it starts again. So I need to manually start the spin twice in a full cycle. Let me specify that once manually activated, the spin works fine. If you got a clue what this problem could be, I would be the happiest man on earth (figuratively speaking). Thanks in advance,
Francis L. D.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:42:13 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Wow, that should have fixed it. Not sure what else it could be except the motor switch and the capacitor, neither of which are very likely, but about all we have left.

I am guessing the capacitor, but since a capcitor almost never fails and since a bad capacitor would also affect the agitation cycle, it's not a very good guess.
franky347  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 5:19:42 AM(UTC)
franky347

Groups: Registered

Is there a way to test the capacitor? I'm getting tired of replacing good part on this washer... Many thanks,
Francis L. D.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2012 5:31:29 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Try doing what this site says

http://www.wikihow.com/Check-a-Start-Capacitor

Be careful, sometimes there can be a large charge in the capacitor that can shock you.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply