Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
speckpgh  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:47:37 AM(UTC)
speckpgh

Groups: Registered

I have an old Amana LW7503W2 washer, that has an interesting problem that I haven't been able to find information on.

When the load is small, small load, medium load, the agitator seems to work fine, spin mostly one way, but stop/spin backward every so often get the water agitating and the clothes clean.

However when the load is large, its as thought the agitator stopping/reversing does not seem to work, and the water just turns into a whirlpool to the point of actually overflowing the tub when it has an extra large load.

Its as though the drive shaft, or clutch or whatever it is that stops/reverses the agitators spin does not have enough power, or cannot engage enough to fight the already spinning current of the the water in one direction to cause it to agitate.

There is also a very loud sound when it operates, as thought bearings may be without grease or shot as well, but I am just guess, have no idea if the thing even has bearings in it.

I am not sure what I should do to attempt to fix this, obviously I can do nothing but really small loads, but that's obviously not an ideal solution. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Other than this issue, it is working well, and if I can repair this easily I'll do it and limp it along.. but would hate to go spend $400+ dollars on a new washer, only to find out this is an inexpensive cheap repair.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.