Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jessica3737  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 6, 2012 12:13:38 PM(UTC)
jessica3737

Groups: Registered

Today, partway through a load of laundry, I noticed water dripping from the door. I paused the cycle, opened the door and the gasket had been sucked in by clothing that had somehow gotten tangled up in it. I finally got everything untangled and the gasket (and metal wire thing) put back on and thought I was good to go.
HOWEVER, now it won't spin. It *sounds* like it's spinning (like the motor is trying to spin it), but it's not spinning. I tried it with clothes and without. I tried it on just the drain and spin mode. I tried a regular cycle and it usually spins a couple of times at the start (I think to gauge the amount of clothing or something) and it doesn't even do that. (Again, it sounds like it is, though.)
I figured that it probably somehow screwed something up when it was spinning the trapped clothing and the gasket together... We're pretty handy in our house and we'd like to try to fix it ourselves. First I'd like to figure out what part of the washer should I open up (the back, I'm thinking). And then, what do I do? Is there a belt that connects the drum to the motor.... perhaps the belt slipped off? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! With a kid in the house, I can't live for very long without my washing machine!!

OH, and I tried looking here: http://appliancejunk.com...wnloads;sa=view;down=310 but can't find the parts diagram for our model.

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.