Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ascdesigns  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2008 7:32:58 AM(UTC)
ascdesigns

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I have a Kenmore Laundry Center (washer/dryer combo, 120V) that recently started slooooowly spinning during the spin cycle. I've torn it apart and am 99.9% sure it's the clutch assembly.

Kenmore Washer/Dryer Combo: 110.88732796
Clutch Assyy Part no: 285785

This unit would most likely be considered a compact washer, although the label in front says "Heavy Duty". My question is this:

When I replace the clutch assy, if I decided to use the BLUE spring instead of the BLACK spring, what might happen? The BLUE is is for large capacity washers, and the BLACK is for compact, according to Kenmore. I'm thinking that the OEM BLACK spring may not have been enough tension on the clutch which caused the pads to wear down prematurely. Or, I may have overloaded the washer too many times.

If anyone has any input on this, I'd really appreciate it. I'd rather not replace the assembly with the same spring if the BLUE spring may alleviate some spinning issues.

Thanks,

Al
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.