Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
roseblock  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:05:52 PM(UTC)
roseblock

Groups: Registered

I have a 6.5 yr old Kenmore washer - model #23812100. Problem: the hot water will not stop running into the tub. All other cycles work fine. Normally, when you push the Cycle Selector Control knob in the water will shut off. At this time, when you push the control knob in the cold water will stop but the hot water will continue to run into the tub of the machine. Also, water ran out from under the machine onto my floor.
Is this due to the constant running of water into the tub? Is there a part that would eliminate the problem of the hot water not shutting off? Does it have something to do with the Cycle Selector Control Knob? The water continues to run during all cycles. The spin cycle works fine.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:23:23 PM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Select hot/hot or warm/warm and start a cycle. As it's filling, unplug machine. If it continues to fill after the machine is unplugged, you'll need to replace the water inlet valve. Remember to shut off water at th source, and unplug the machine before making any repairs.
roseblock  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:34:04 PM(UTC)
roseblock

Is the water inlet valve difficult to replace on my washer? Thank you for your speedy response!
magician59  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 1:41:03 PM(UTC)
magician59

It isn't so difficult that the average person can't do it. If you know your way around a screwdriver and a wrench, you can do it. We'll talk you through the steps.
roseblock  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 4:30:14 AM(UTC)
roseblock

How do I gain access to the water mixing valve. I don't see any screws on the front of the consol like some older washers. There are several screws and plastic clips on the back of the machine panel. Don't know where to start:rolleyes: ! Thanks
woodchuckie  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 5:10:40 AM(UTC)
woodchuckie

Look on the back where the water hoses go into the back. That's where the valve is.
magician59  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 8:42:30 AM(UTC)
magician59

Here's a link to a Youtube video describing the access you're seeking.

YouTube - Washer Appliance Repair Help Video
roseblock  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 3:50:52 PM(UTC)
roseblock

With your help, the new water mixing valve was installed on my washer without any problems! Thank you SO much for your help:) !
magician59  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 8:04:42 PM(UTC)
magician59

Well done! I'm glad you got it.
samsgirl06  
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 1:42:45 AM(UTC)
samsgirl06

I was looking through google desperatley to find a way to fix the washers problem that I had NO:confused: idea about nor did I have the slightest:( inclination of what was wrong. I found this answer at 439am and my washer is fixed:) , happened to have an old one that had the part I needed! Lucky me huh!! So I had to register here just to say thank you so much for all the good answers!! And not even my question! Yes, Im a but excited and got carried away with the (!!!!!!!!) lol thanks again, Brandell Kays :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply