Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ckilly  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 6:43:51 PM(UTC)
ckilly

Groups: Registered

My Frigidaire Gallery Heavy Duty Precision Washer [stackable], model 417.39012891 is approximately seven years old. I have read all of the Frigidaire Gallery Washer threads to make sure this post is not entered in error.

During tonight's laundry session, the machine hummed loudly once it was started. This continued throughout the entire cycle. The machine did agitate, but only a couple of times alternating with what sounds like water filling the machine. The door lock light is on, however I can open the door with the machine running [I know, not recommended].

The result, the clothes came out only partially wet.The time knob was replaced successfully eight ago. Could this e a lock lock issue or a circuit board issue?

Thanks for taking my post.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ckilly  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 9:13:55 AM(UTC)
ckilly

Groups: Registered

Chris,

1] Verify a circuit breaker isn't tripped The breaker did not trip.
2] Advance the timer control dial slowly 360 degrees -
If the washer starts spinning, then we know the motor and drive belt are fine but that there is something wrong with either the timer control dial or the agitator solenoid. Call in a professional for this.
If the washer doesn't budge, then verify that the drive belt(s) is attached and not broken by removing the back panel. If the belt is broken, replace it. If it is loose, then tighten it by loosening up the bolt holding the motor and moving it on its swing arm (much like a car alternator) until there is a 1/2 to 3/4 inch deflection in the belt.
Some washers use reversing motors. It's possible the motor works on the spin cycle but not on the wash cycle. If so, call a pro.
I have contacted a professional.
3] Visually inspect the lid safety switch - Is it loose or cracked? If so, the washer might work intermittently, stopping at different cycles. The door latch appears to be in good working order.
4] Check motor and drive belt - Remove the main access panel (usually in the back). Is the motor spinning, but the drive belt isn't? If so, then you have a drive belt problem. The drum did not rotate. I did not check the belt as this is a machine in a rental unit.

Thank you for your assistance through this forum. It is greatly appreciated.
I will add what work the professional does following the appointment Wednesday for the benefit of your readers.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply