Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cavalla684  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:09:48 PM(UTC)
cavalla684

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Atlantis Washer MAV9504EWW. It does everything except the final spin cycle (agitator works and it drains). Initally thought it was the timer so put in new one and still the same thing. After going thru the threads, I lifted up washer and put it in spin cycle to watch the pulley and thrust bearing. It was spinning and looked ok and belt tension was good. Removed the belt and spun the pulley CW and CCW by hand. The only thing that turned was the agitator and when i changed directions of the pulley the agitator also changed directions. I also verified that the motor changes direction from CW to CCW between the wash to the spin cycle. Still not sure if it's the brake or the thrust bearing. Any advice would be helpfull. Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 12:32:16 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cavalla684 Go to Quoted Post
I have a Maytag Atlantis Washer MAV9504EWW. It does everything except the final spin cycle (agitator works and it drains). Initally thought it was the timer so put in new one and still the same thing. After going thru the threads, I lifted up washer and put it in spin cycle to watch the pulley and thrust bearing. It was spinning and looked ok and belt tension was good. Removed the belt and spun the pulley CW and CCW by hand. The only thing that turned was the agitator and when i changed directions of the pulley the agitator also changed directions. I also verified that the motor changes direction from CW to CCW between the wash to the spin cycle. Still not sure if it's the brake or the thrust bearing. Any advice would be helpfull. Thanks

Cavalla,

You need to seriously consider a new thrust bearing kit assembly

Part number: AP4009132
Part number: AP4009132

and belt,

Part number: AP4029079
Part number: AP4029079

The tranmission is working at this point. The thrust bearing, pulley and or cams are distorted or worn to the point where they do not engage or disengage the brake and stator to properly activate the gears and clutches inside the gearcase to drive the spin cycle properly.

Thanks and Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply