Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Registers.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jayword  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 11:27:49 AM(UTC)
Jayword

Groups: Registered

When the washer fills up it bottoms out and will squeal like a pig:eek: when it agitates from the bottom brackets scraping on the bottom of the housing. I believe the shocks need to be replaced. I have ordered them and am wondering if there are any tricks to doing so. I know how to remove the front panel and wonder what other panels need to come off.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 22, 2011 1:06:30 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jayword Go to Quoted Post
When the washer fills up it bottoms out and will squeal like a pig:eek: when it agitates from the bottom brackets scraping on the bottom of the housing. I believe the shocks need to be replaced. I have ordered them and am wondering if there are any tricks to doing so. I know how to remove the front panel and wonder what other panels need to come off.

Jay,
You will also need to remove the washer top, in order to access the suspension rods and change them.

Part number: AP3702594
Part number: AP3702594

Part number: AP2046167
Part number: AP2046167

Here's some help :
1. Remove front panel.
2. Remove two 1/4 " hex screws front left and right side of cabinet top support.
3. Pull top cover/lid assembly towards you and up about 2 inches. Disconnect the bleac funnel clamp from bleach hose, using pliers.
4.Release the lid switch wire connector. The connector is located in the right rear corner of the cover, you may need to press down on the wiring to allow clearance to remove connectors.
5. Remove cover/lid assembly, taking care not to allow lid to swing out and be damaged.

To Service suspension
1. Remove front panel. Remove cover and lid.
2. Remove four dampening screws and front dampeners at the tub cover.
3. Remove front rod and spring assemblies.(one at atime) by lifting tub/ platform up with one hand to take weight off of suspension bellows.
(Note ; To remove rod and spring assembly, hold down on ball joint and pull rod forward gently to release).
4. Using thumb and forefinger to release, pull the bellows out of the platform, and allow, and allow to hange freely.Repeat fot other front side assembly.
5. The tub/platform assembly will now lean forward,after both rod and spring assemblies are released. Access the rear sprinf through the top of the cabinet, and unhook the two rear spring and rod assemblies.
6. reverse steps to reassemble.

Good Luck and Thanks,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply