Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tr_dlite  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 9:30:51 PM(UTC)
tr_dlite

Groups: Registered

I have been been having problems with my Bosch front loader washer. It started by program not starting even after door was shut. Then I found shutting the door a bit forcefully helped. That made me think it must be some sort of worn out latch mechanism that detects door being properly closed. Also a few times the machine stopped mid-cycle and would not start again (three short beeps for an error message was heard) unless I power cycle. So now I'm almost certain it is the electrical door latch that needs to be replaced.

Before I ordered parts and attempted a repair myself I wanted to ask:

1) Is the most likely cause the electrical latch (the part that stays on the machine not the door)?

2) If so is it easy to get to and replace? If not what could be the better place to look fir the cause?

3) Should I order the installation instructions part from Bosch as well as the part? Is it any useful?

Thanks for any help.

LA
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.