Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peasaint  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:30:16 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

Groups: Registered

Well thanks guys! I started on this blog about a week ago describing the problem, ... so I checked the timer, ... sounded right so I ordered the part (not through you). Since then I've received NO replied to my email blogs as to any other problem it might be.

A grinding noise with no agaitation or rinse. So I went to You Tube, ... shecked the 'dogs' ... they need replacing. Also checked the motor coupling, ... it's cracked and needs to be replaced. So why the timer? I spent 100.00 bucks as opposed to your 134.oo price, on a part I really didn't need. Sears had it for 120 something. What gives with that?

I'm dissapointed in you. Can you explain this error and the diff in price?

Your videos on You Tube are great but this is the second time I've gotten a bumb steer within the last 4 years. I hope it's the last time.

Waiting to here,

Peasaint
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 3:30:13 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

What is the model number of your washer?
sidfink43  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:41:45 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Looking at the history of your posts I am not sure what your complaint is.

Remember, we are trying to diagnose your problem without actually seeing your machine. This is very difficult, and in most cases the best we can do is an educated guess. That unfortunately is the tradeoff you incur in getting a diagnosis at no cost as opposed to paying upwards of $100 or more for a service tech to come out and diagnose your machine.

Furthermore it sounds like that after you received a fair amount of advice and consultation you purchased your timer from another source. Obviously we don't know the returns policy of where you bought the part from, but had you purchased from this site and the part was not needed you could have returned it and received a full refund.

Those of us who reply on this site are uncompensated volunteers. The returns policy is just one reason why many of us reply on this Forum, we know that APP backs up their products, has great delivery times at very low prices for shipping and will accept returns.

Because we cannot examine any machine in person we are going to have many times when we give a "bum steer". But we can confidently recommend a solution knowing that if we are wrong it will not cost you. You may find a lower list price, but in terms of total value you simply cannot do better than APP. If you buy from Sears, for example, you will find a very high shipping costs and have to pay sales tax!

It sounds like you have identified the problems and fixed the machine. Great, good luck going forward.
Peasaint  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:55:02 PM(UTC)
Peasaint

Groups: Registered

Boy, was I upset ... the spelling errors, ... once I get going I just type. SO LET ME EXTEND AN APOLOGY TO YOU AND ALL AT APPLIANCE PART PROS FOR MY FRUSTRATION AND TAKING IT OUT ON YOU!
Okay, as to the model number, I haven't one that appears to be active. The only number I can find on the back panel is 3357978. The only other number is 8525146-A which is a part number for the front panel. We bought this from a place that reconditions and sells 'used' items only. Though they've been in business for years, I suppose they may have 'bastardized' some parts here and there, but no model number ... I and Chet were surprised. We've had it since August of 2010 but it runs every day. My guess it was at least six years years old when we bought it. So I went to your "You Tube" videos which are excellent and just kept going. Got a six pack and ripped the thing (washer) apart. Found the 'agitating dogs' were stripped. I then checked the motor coupler (again, info through You Tube) and found the front portion cracked. I found the parts in a small "mom and pop" type shop about 15 miles from me and I will say I DID pay substantialy more than your parts (27.00 + tax). It was STILL CHEAPER THAN SEARS! So tonight I installed the parts and I'm in the process of putting it all back together. All is going fine but there is a rubber hose from the external drum that belongs to a fitting (my guess was the bleach cell) but that's a no go, perhaps a breather? I may just 'Kelly Clamp' the damn thing so I can see if the washer runs. Can't say I'm amazed by the trouble people have with Whirlpool ... but there seems to be little choice out there. I'll let you know how things go, again sorry if I was out of line. Amazing that in this day and age, ... like indoor toilets, we STILL take things like a washer for granted, ... until it fails, then ... HOLY YIKES!

Thanks for your reply and (perhaps?) your understanding.

Peasaint
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:22:53 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Hope it gets back together ok and that it works fine. On that hose thing, make sure it's not the tube that goes to the water level switch, because if that is not clear and hooked up your machine will overflow.

Whirlpool makes a very good product, and I kinda think your problems stem from the fact that you bought a used machine that may have had a rough life. Given the source of the machine your expectations may have been too high in terms of reliability.

Again, good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply