Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lgmccoy1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:28:25 AM(UTC)
lgmccoy1

Groups: Registered

Just put new front and rear bearings in my Maytag Front Loader. I matched the old ones up with some news ones at a local machine shop. I avoided the outer tub replacement which costs $300.00+ although I did not get a new seal am gonna use the old one. Anyway my initial problem was that the stainless tub was banging inside of outer tub during certain points of the spin cycle. From what I gathered here on forums I needed new bearings. Tub was definitely loose and had wobble when pinching it and outer tub together. Okay so now I have new bearings installed and have reassembled the inner and outer tub. Without the shaft pressed all the way in the shaft fits the new bearings perfect without any wobble or play but when I press the stainless tub all the way in so I can attach the drive pulley and tighten the nut I have the same wobble again. Is my shaft worn to the point of no return? Or is there any type of shims that could be used to avoid a new stainless steel tub? Why on God's green Earth did those engineers require you to buy a). a whole new outer tub just for bearings when the rest of the tub is fine and b). a whole new stainless steel tub just to replace a shaft? What a racket.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.