Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rick MCC  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 1:30:33 PM(UTC)
Rick MCC

Groups: Registered

I recently bought on Craig's list a newer model of Kenmore Elite washer I have worked on before, lid switch bypassed, I checked drive shaft, made sure no socks or blocks in tun and cleaned out. Finally bought new clutch and installed but wont seem to spin, starts to when empty. It seems like machine parts look pretty new and I cant afford new washer and am cringing thinking tranmission because cant afford, see it is almost $190 , is there something I might be missing I can fix myself? Any ideas would be appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 1:39:09 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

Can you see the clutch spinning during the spin cycle?
Rick MCC  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 2:43:10 PM(UTC)
Rick MCC

Groups: Registered

I cant see clutch during spin cycle because cabinet is back together, I keep putting it all the way back together before checking and running, should I able run just spin cycle with the front part of cabinet off? I hope I am replying correctly, thanks for your suggestion reply. Is the clutch supposed to be spinning during the spin cycle? I had never replaced a clutch before, it looked pretty straight forward and I bought it from this website and watched the video, I am now concerned that I got the new clutch, included with the disk and possibly installed it incorrectly? It seems pretty straight forward. Also it looks like a whole lot of people have the same problem with this type of washer not spinning and clothes coming out wet. I thought I had been pretty thorough in trouble shooting and have taken apart and replaced this washer twice and the one I had before probably 5-6 times over the years. Money is big issue so any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply