Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
porgas  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2009 5:15:08 PM(UTC)
porgas

Groups: Registered

I have a frigidaire laundry center that is less than two years old. The washer threw the belt a few months ago. I put it back on, but noticed the drive pulley has cut into the back of the plastic wash drum. It recently threw the belt again. I put it back on only to have it throw it off again. This time the belt needed to be replaced. I put the new belt on and it will not stay on. It slips off as soon as the drive pulley engages. It is not making any noise with the exception of hearing the drive pulley scrape against the drum and the wash drum spins freely by hand. Would bad bearings cause this? If so is this a complex repair. I am somewhat mechanically challenged. If I have to have a repairman come out how much should I expect this to cost?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:44:59 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Not good news

This is a complex repair.

Here is the service manual. You can read about the machine and see if that is something you want to attempt.

http://frigidaireservicetips.co...thTumbleActionWasher.pdf

The bearing is not a separate repair item, you have to purchase the outer tub with the bearing and seal installed. Here is the part

Replacement parts for FRG GLEH1642FS0 | AppliancePartsPros.com

A service tech call to repair this is going to be expensive, at least $400 to $500 I would think.

I would try to contact Frigidaire customer service since your machine is not that old and it should not need this repair at this time. If you cannot get any help (if they won't repair it, try to get them to give you the part at least) I would go ahead and get a tech to do it, since this is a very expensive appliance and it would cost substantially more than the repair to replace it.

Sorry for the bad news, good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply