Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paulisofi  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 21, 2009 2:26:45 PM(UTC)
paulisofi

Groups: Registered

Kenmore washer # 110.92380200. Top agitator not moving (bottom one working just fine). Replaced those dogs as I'd heard I had to do. Issue not fixed. Nothing visible seems to be broken or worn out, and the dogs are now brand new. Problem is that while the bottom agitator moves just fine, the top agitator sleeve (part that has those fins) won't. It only moves freely, separately from the bottom, when I move it with my hand. Nevertheless, the cam that goes inside the top agitator moves just fine. In looking at a picture of all the agitator parts from Sears parts direct, I don't see that my machine has the bearing. It has the agitator assembly (that works fine), the thrust spacer (not worn out or broken), the agitator auger (not worn out or broken), the agitator dogs (brand new), the cam (not worn out or broken), and then the washer and the screw (all fine), but I definitely don't see a bearing anywhere. Hmm... Maybe that's the problem? But how did the top agitator ever move if it never had a bearing before? Please help me! Shall I get a new bearing? Or an agitator repair kit (="cam-driven")? Or maybe something else? I have no idea. Thanks a million!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2009 4:03:01 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well, it sounds like you have done a complete job, and I hate to state the obvious but

1. Did you replace the bolt that holds the agitator mover?

2. Did the cam replacement line up with the tabs and click in?

If so, my only recommendation can be to take it apart, put it back together and see if this does not fix some inadvertant problem.

Otherwise maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

Good luck, let us know what you do.
paulisofi  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 9:06:29 AM(UTC)
paulisofi

Groups: Registered

:D :D :D Thank God I fixed the darn washer! The problem was that the bearing was missing and so the dogs kept coming out. The job of the bearing is to lock the dogs in place!!! I'm still truly, honestly puzzled at the fact that the machine ran perfectly for 10 years without the bearing! :confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks for your much appreciated input to help me have my washer running fine again!!!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:48:04 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Great, glad it is working and thanks for updating us.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply