Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Roachhouse  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 12:25:07 PM(UTC)
Roachhouse

Groups: Registered

This one is driving me crazy. The machine washes, agitates, & drains fine. It spins sometimes. When it does not spin, the motor is running. I can make it spin every time by opening the lid and closing it, or pushing the timer in and back out. Stopping the power to the motor momentarily, and repowering it, will cause it to start the spin. When I open the lid to get it started, I can see the tub turn slightly (maybe 5 degrees of rotation). Here is the frustration, one by one I have changed the clutch, transmission, and the timer. None of these fixed anything. The lid switch is fine. By this time I have spent about enough money to buy a new machine. It has become more of a challenge to get it fixed, than it makes financial sense. I am going to fix it if it kills me. Anyone have any ideas?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 12:57:34 PM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi

Quote:
Here is the frustration, one by one I have changed the clutch, transmission, and the timer.

Quote:
When it does not spin, the motor is running. I can make it spin every time by opening the lid and closing it, or pushing the timer in and back out.

The washer should drain the water out and then the timer should stop the motor on it's own for a couple seconds. When the timer starts the motor up again the transmission should shift into spin.

I know you said that you replaced the timer already, but is there a pause between the drain and spin cycle now?

By lifting up the lid or pushing in the timer to stop it and starting it again you are doing what the timer should be doing on it's own.

The other thing that can cause this type of problem is if the neutral drain goes out of the transmission, but once again you said that the transmission had been replaced too.
Joe / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 1:36:10 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Roachhouse Go to Quoted Post
This one is driving me crazy. The machine washes, agitates, & drains fine. It spins sometimes. When it does not spin, the motor is running. I can make it spin every time by opening the lid and closing it, or pushing the timer in and back out. Stopping the power to the motor momentarily, and repowering it, will cause it to start the spin. When I open the lid to get it started, I can see the tub turn slightly (maybe 5 degrees of rotation). Here is the frustration, one by one I have changed the clutch, transmission, and the timer. None of these fixed anything. The lid switch is fine. By this time I have spent about enough money to buy a new machine. It has become more of a challenge to get it fixed, than it makes financial sense. I am going to fix it if it kills me. Anyone have any ideas?

Roachhouse,
Remove the cabinet and tub cover, check for a small article that could be stuck between or under the tubs. then remove the transmisiion, and re check the clutch and brake pads, and the agitator drive shaft for spalls and damage from a possible spin tube bearing failure.
Here's some help from the APP Repair Forum :

http://forum.appliancepartspros...-washer-brake-shoes.html

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply