Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ted Barry  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 5:36:42 AM(UTC)
Ted Barry

Groups: Registered

Set washer for medium size load (typical). Cycle took longer than usual. At the end the final rinse started and never stopped. Filled and overflowed onto basement floor. When I ran it through cycle again I had to turn timer to make it go from step to step in cycle.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ApplianceJunk  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 5:43:43 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi,

As for it over flowing the water inlet valve could have got stuck open or it could have been a problem with the water level pressure switch.

How did you get it to stop filling with water when you seen it was over flowing?
Ted Barry  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 5:50:22 AM(UTC)
Ted Barry

It stopped when I manually pushed the control knob in.
Ted Barry  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 5:54:20 AM(UTC)
Ted Barry

Originally Posted by: ApplianceJunk Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

As for it over flowing the water inlet valve could have got stuck open or it could have been a problem with the water level pressure switch.

How did you get it to stop filling with water when you seen it was over flowing?

I think the timer is messed up. It has been making noise for a while and when I was trying to duplicate what it did to flood, it took a long time to go through each step in the cycle and when I forced it to turn it would go. Maybe the spring on the timer is shot?
ApplianceJunk  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 5:59:24 AM(UTC)
ApplianceJunk

Groups: Senior Expert

If you could stop the water by turning off the timer that is a good sign that the water inlet valve did not get stuck open.

Not sure about the timer, but if I was there to check it out I would try and catch it over filling on a low water level setting and if it did over fill I would check the water level pressure switch with my ohm meter to see if it was working.

There could also be junk in the air hose between the tub and water level pressure switch that is keeping it from working correctly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply