Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mbrew5335  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 12:21:13 PM(UTC)
mbrew5335

Groups: Registered

:confused: My washer is backing up water into reservour marked "Liquid bleach only" . It fills normally then when agitation on wash cycle begins it starts backing water from where the hose runs from the bottom of the inner tub up to the little addition reservour on the left side front directly under the lid. Once it pools it spills over and runs down onto the rims that is above the inner tub then spills off the rim running onto the floor. Probably can get access to a washer to use while I try and fix this one so as to fight off super expensive professional repair bill. thanks for any direction that any member can give me. I like this washer as it is about 25 years plus without a repair needed.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 1:48:01 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Are you sure the washer does not spin and agitate at the same time.
mbrew5335  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:20:22 PM(UTC)
mbrew5335

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Are you sure the washer does not spin and agitate at the same time.

Yes I am sure that there is an agitation cycle to wash and to rinse along
with two seperate spin cycles. The first after the wash agitation and the second after the rinse agitation cycles. Thanks for any further input.
misterfixall  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:06:24 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

sounds like the bleach resevoir is blocked .remove front panel .two screws at bottom .pull panel forward and up,remove hose from resevoir check for blockage in hose or resevoir ,
richappy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2007 6:57:28 PM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
This is a simple washer, no power pumping to the bleach resevour!! Nothing makes sense here unless it's doing something strange while agitating. Only thing that makes sense is a leak in the resevoir dripping water on the tub rim. Just check and post.
mbrew5335  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2007 8:07:04 AM(UTC)
mbrew5335

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
This is a simple washer, no power pumping to the bleach resevour!! Nothing makes sense here unless it's doing something strange while agitating. Only thing that makes sense is a leak in the resevoir dripping water on the tub rim. Just check and post.

I know this is a simple washer and if this was a leak anywhere else I believe I could order the part and fix it. Already have removed the hose and it had what looked like a screw or a nail in it with a circular piece of fiber or something on it. Removed and put hose back on then did another load to check out if this fixed the problem. Still pooled up when machine strarted the washing agitation which other then the pooling of water was a normal agitation process. About a month before this started I had another leak because the molded part of the fill hose was squirting up onto the rim at that location. At that time I had pulled the hose up and inspected to find no rips. So I reinserted through the fill hose hole through the hole and that took care of that leak which has never returned. I figured maybe the hose was old enough that when I did a hot load the molded part backed out as the old rubber was warmed. Never had a problem with the fill hose since. Then 3 or 4 washing times later the leak returned an I was expecting it to be the fill hose problem and instead found the current problem. It makes no sense at all.
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 2:41:38 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I just poured bleach in the dispenser of my Maytag washer.. it poured straight through to the floor! Help!!!
ThatGuy  
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 26, 2023 3:16:07 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Need a model number to look anything up... or help... or?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply