Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dgb@gmf  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:28:40 PM(UTC)
dgb@gmf

Groups: Registered

Washer tub will not fill automatically, but everything else seems to work if I fill it manually. When it reaches water level selected it will agitate, pump and spin. Timer advances but nothing happens when it is time to fill. Is there a fuse to check or do I go straight to the water intake solenoids? It is a bear to get this thing out (noo access to back side), so I am hoping this is something I can do from the front. Any chance of that?

Hoping in Virginia,

David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:43:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
David,

There is a fuse which is a part of the lid switch assembly.

The model number you posted is incomplete.

Gene.
dgb@gmf  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 9:01:20 AM(UTC)
dgb@gmf

Gene,

Sorry about that. Model # ends in ACE. Would that fuse affect only the fill operation or does the fact that everything else is working suggest that the fuse is all right? Replacing a fuse sounds much better than replacing the intake solenoids.

David
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:16:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

David,

The fuse is a part of the lid switch assembly and you have to replace the whole thing if it's open. You can try to replace just the fuse but most likely it will short out again.

This fuse controls the water valve only and would not let the washer to work if something is wrong with the lid switch . Whoever design it did not think that you will fill it manually.

- The lid switch assembly Part number: AP4008524
Part number: AP4008524

Gene.
dgb@gmf  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:55:45 PM(UTC)
dgb@gmf

I see. Am I correct that this switch is under the washer top and that to get to it I need to remove the washer from the base/frame that holds the dryer in place? Since I cannot get behing the unit this also raises the question of whether I need to remove in incoming water hoses to do this.

Your experience is a great help!! Thanks agaiin.

David

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
David,

The fuse is a part of the lid switch assembly and you have to replace the whole thing if it's open. You can try to replace just the fuse but most likely it will short out again.

This fuse controls the water valve only and would not let the washer to work if something is wrong with the lid switch . Whoever design it did not think that you will fill it manually.

- The lid switch assembly Part number: AP4008524
Part number: AP4008524

Gene.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 3:04:34 PM(UTC)
Gene

I don't think you have to pull the washer out. Just remove the access panel under the dryer and open the lid.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Front replacement parts for MAYTAG LSE7804ACE STACKED LAUNDRY- ELE | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
dgb@gmf  
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 6:15:05 AM(UTC)
dgb@gmf

I'll get into it with the diagrams and will let you know result after the part arrives.

Thanks a buch!

David
mrjohno  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 9:16:49 AM(UTC)
mrjohno

I just had the same problem with my Maytag stackable model LSG7806AAE, had my repairman come by and it was a simple inline 1amp fuse halfway down on the left behind the lower washer panel (not the panel between washer and dryer, see photo.) I did not have to replace the switch assembly. A very easy fix.

remove two screws from bottom panel. remove lower panel. fuse is fastened by clips (much like the cylindrical glass fuses in your car). Clip a new fuse in. we used a 2amp 250V instead of the previous 1amp 250V and VOILA! washer works fine

Not sure if your model has the same fuse, but take a look

Tech Sheet - 8182208.pdf (163kb) downloaded 59 time(s).

good luck, love this forum, thanks to all the experts who post here
mrjohno attached the following image(s):
MaytagFuselocation.jpg
dgb@gmf  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 4, 2012 3:49:27 PM(UTC)
dgb@gmf

Thank you mrjohno!! That was exactly what I needed. Luckily I had a 1 amp fuse to match in the shop so I was back in operation in no time. The other part recommended would have cost over $50 plus shipping, so this was a GREAT help to me and I really appreciate your having taken the time to post this tip.

All best wishes to you in the new year!

Originally Posted by: mrjohno Go to Quoted Post
I just had the same problem with my Maytag stackable model LSG7806AAE, had my repairman come by and it was a simple inline 1amp fuse halfway down on the left behind the lower washer panel (not the panel between washer and dryer, see photo.) I did not have to replace the switch assembly. A very easy fix.

remove two screws from bottom panel. remove lower panel. fuse is fastened by clips (much like the cylindrical glass fuses in your car). Clip a new fuse in. we used a 2amp 250V instead of the previous 1amp 250V and VOILA! washer works fine

Not sure if your model has the same fuse, but take a look

Tech Sheet - 8182208.pdf (163kb) downloaded 59 time(s).

good luck, love this forum, thanks to all the experts who post here
yaznces  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:20:17 PM(UTC)
yaznces

that worked perfectly I had the same problem. thanks to the picture you posted I found it and went to Walmart and bought the fuse for like 3 bucks and it worked. thanks again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply