Discuss

frigidaire washing machine

in

Washer Repair

. "

My daughter pulled on the door when it was in lock and the handle busted off.. Every since, it won't

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » frigidaire washing machine

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 07:28 PM

kimjkenyon is on a distinguished road
Default frigidaire washing machine
Brand: Frigidaire   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

My daughter pulled on the door when it was in lock and the handle busted off.. Every since, it won't go threw a whole cycle... Sometimes it will release water and sometimes it won't (when it's suppost to) and then it won't spin out the clothes... I tried every cycle and it takes me about 10 washes on different cycles just to get a load washed and spun out... I figure it's some kind of sensor in the handle or something. Just trying to figure out what part to replace? The whole door? a new handle or something totally different like a sensor panel????

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 06-14-2009, 05:32 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 has a spectacular aura about

Hi Kim

Without a model number I can only make an educated(?) guess that the door lock mechanism has been damaged. If it is locking and unlocking this could be sending signals to your control board and causing your problems.

I would try to see if you can get this fixed under warranty, and if not and you want to go after it, post a model number and let's see if we can be of any help. Unfortunately, the newer the machine the less we know about it (now if you had a nice 10 year old washer we could be of great service)

Good luck, hope it turns out well.