Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Quicksword  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2011 2:44:51 PM(UTC)
Quicksword

Groups: Registered

The machine is badly out of balance during the spin cycle. I have replaced all four springs, checked for clothes items in the basket, spent 3 hours trying all leveling possibilities, replaced pads all around- I did find a damaged rubber motor coupler along with the two plastic retainers (one on each side of the rubber coupler hugeamafeffee) Could these bad parts have caused the balance issue? Will tearing apart the trans/gearcase be of value? Are there any bearing/etc that would cause this prob? THANKS ALL! :eek::o:rolleyes::p;)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 5:11:58 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The coupling must be replaced, but that should not cause your spin problems.

See what happens after you get a new coupling in their, and check the plate and support structure for a crack or something broken.

There are no bearings on this model that would cause your problem. If you cannot see the problem try operating the machine with the cabinet off and the lid switch by-passed and see if you can find the problem while it is spinning.
Quicksword  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:16:55 AM(UTC)
Quicksword

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
The coupling must be replaced, but that should not cause your spin problems.

See what happens after you get a new coupling in their, and check the plate and support structure for a crack or something broken.

There are no bearings on this model that would cause your problem. If you cannot see the problem try operating the machine with the cabinet off and the lid switch by-passed and see if you can find the problem while it is spinning.

Shall do,,,ALSO since I replaced the springs, etc,,it will spin fairly well in balance until it gets into the high speed spin. Then it wants to go unbalanced. What can you tell me about the SKATE PLATE? That freak design has been floating around with o mind or reason since I have been working on the machine. Do I need to reset it using the pin(s) in the plastic cup? Will it reset itself? Thanks for your time and expertise!
richappy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:26:44 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Remove the outer cover and compare the left and right sides of the skateboard, you will find one side diffent from the other, just lift it up and reposition it.
Quicksword  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 9:34:38 AM(UTC)
Quicksword

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Remove the outer cover and compare the left and right sides of the skateboard, you will find one side diffent from the other, just lift it up and reposition it.

SKATEBOARD? Chuckle,,,,Yes, Iwas just thinking about the Skate Plate. It has been bouncing around since I have been working on the machine. Not sure exactly what to do with it! DO I use those pins in the plastic cup to reconfig this bizzare design? THANKS for your providing me wth time.
richappy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:24:08 PM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
No, just move the plate around till it sets evenly on the brown, plastic friction pads on the frame.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply