Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dwlovell  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:18:04 PM(UTC)
dwlovell

Groups: Registered

My whirlpool washer started having a problem a year or so ago where the main wash mode (NORMAL) would run forever in its initial wash phase. The dial would never advance. On the dial there are like 3 different full wash types NORMAL, CASUAL, PRETREAT, so we started using CASUAL instead of NORMAL and it would advance fine. After about another year, the CASUAL mode is having the same problem. So we started manually starting the cycle one notch into the wash on the dial and that worked for a while, now it is getting stuck on that cycle as well.

To just be clear, when it gets stuck, the washer doesnt stop working it just runs forever on whatever phase its stuck in. It never overfills with water, I guess its stuck on the first phase after filling.

From scanning similar posts, it seems like maybe the motor in the timer control is bad? Or just the timer control itself? So I looked at the parts list PDF on Whirlpool site and it says the Timer Control (60hz) is part # 3955765. However there is a note directly below this that says (Motor Not A Service Part)

So I am wondering if it sounds like I can just order the timer control and that might be the fix, or is the motor what really needs to be replaced and they dont have a re-order part for it?

If anyone knows the answer please let me know. I am pretty sure I could replace the timer control myself.

The parts PDF link is here:
http://shared.whirlpoolc...20List%20-%208179979.pdf

Thanks,
David
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.