Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vintagecharms  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 9, 2009 5:54:41 PM(UTC)
Vintagecharms

Groups: Registered

Started out with a F35 error. Most washing settings also give the "SUD".

Repairman came, order part. Sears called. Part on back order. ETD: unknown.

Always used HE detergent. No detergent in washer. Confirmed by repairman.

I have a bad feeling this isn't going to be an easy fix. I am under warranty but ready to do what I need to fix myself and forgo Sears paying.

Thank you in advance for any help. Carole.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:53:13 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Carole

My recommendation is that under no circumstances should you consider repairing this machine yourself. You say you have a Ph. D. in washing machine engineering? Doesn't matter. Don't do it.

When you purchased the machine a part of the purchase price was for the one year parts and labor warranty, and I think you need to insist that Sears honor that warranty and do so in a timely manner. I realize that some times we just want to by-pass the beauracratic nightmare of dealing with a large company, but in this case you should not do so. If you try to repair the machine yourself you may be able to do so, but you may not, and if you try you may void the remaining part of your warranty.

I would return to the strore and talk with the manager of the appliance section and in the strongest possible terms insist on a timely repair for your machine. If they cannot comply, try to get them to send a new machine out to your house. If you do not get satisfaction I would go to the store manager, and consider the BBB or other consumer protection agencies that are available to you. Also, go to the District Manger level for Sears, or beyond. Make sure the store management personnel know that you are going to continue to insist on your machine being fixed immediately.

From your experience you can see that product quality, along with consumer services and support have become a problem these days, and the only way it will ever be improved is for individuals like yourself to insist on your rights. There is no reason this machine should fail in the first year, and given what you paid for it, no reason you should not get a timely repair.

Well, that's my opinion and I am sticking to it. Other than that I have no strong feelings.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
Vintagecharms  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 7:03:06 AM(UTC)
Vintagecharms

Groups: Registered

LOL Yes, Yes, no and no.

Just got off the phone w/ Sears.com. The switch is coming from a National Parts Center. The rep said she tried to get info on dlvy but was put on hold.

I enboldened myself and asked to get it returned. Yikes. She said she was the one that could make that decision but could not at this point in time. I asked, howza bout when I call you in a week and it is still not fixed? It WILL be resolved Can't send a new machine. She can give me a gift card. Since I am not shopping there anymore, I declined, for now.

I appreciate your less than strong opinion! You are absolutely right. I have a bad feeling about this one though. I returned a mattress last year. I wouldn't think a washer would be that hard! Tanks, Carole.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:29:56 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Glad to hear you are getting some satisfaction.

Good luck, hope they fix it and it is error free for many years.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply