Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Medic476  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:25:22 AM(UTC)
Medic476

Groups: Registered

Can anyone please help me step by step on how to replace a front loader gasket - my old had a whole in it so i have taken the it out and now i need help with replacing the new one....:confused: im clueless..... does anyone know - or have a manual or a video on how to do this???

thank you so much if you do any help with be greatly appreciated.:D:):D
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:29:03 PM(UTC)
applianceman

These are more less disassembly instructions as best I can describe reverse steps for reassembly.

• Remove the top by removing the three screws on the back.
  • Remove the control panel by removing the three screws on the top and one behind the soap dispenser. There is also a clip on the inside right-hand corner of the case holding the control panel on you must press by reaching over the top to the inside.
  • Remove the bottom panel.
  • Open the door and remove the door latch by removing the three screws (don’t have to disconnect wires).
  • Using a screwdriver remove the wire clamp that holds the boot on in the front. This clamp is in the grove on the front of the boot.
  • Remove the front (door and all) by removing the four screws (one on each corner).
  • At the top of the boot there should be two hoses, slip the boot out from around the hoses.
  • Loosen the screw clamp that holds the boot on at the back (I find this easier if you remove the bottom balance weight).
  • Once the clamp is loose the boot should pull off.
  • Then resemble with new boot.

Hope this helps!! For more on do-it-yourself appliance repair visit Appliance Repair Guide For All Major Home Appliances
Gene  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:30:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The instructions are attached to the reply. The part number for the door boot seal is AP4334050

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for GE WBVH5100H0WW | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Front panel removal.doc (136kb) downloaded 118 time(s).
Boot removal.doc (916kb) downloaded 113 time(s).
Medic476  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:22:03 PM(UTC)
Medic476

thank you so much managed to take the front off then it was very easy thanks for your help to just over 1 hr to do
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply