Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dkaudio  
#1 Posted : Saturday, May 30, 2009 4:13:46 AM(UTC)
dkaudio

Groups: Registered

Our Maytag Neptune makes a moderate, intermittent, clicking sound during the wash cycle. This problem seems worse with larger loads. Although the washer is old, it still works and cleans well and this noise is the only problem. I have read some information that suggests that this is a bearing problem, but not the usual "worn out" bearings. The information suggests that the noise is caused by the drum shifting forward and back axially during the wash cycle. There is a very inexpensive kit to remedy this problem, but I just want to verify what the problem is before I proceed. If the washer actually needs new bearings, I think we would just buy a new machine. Thanks for any help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

neptune help  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2009 3:13:41 AM(UTC)
neptune help

Groups: Registered

Check out NEPTUNE BEARING for bearings and a special tool kit created for the Neptune bearing job. The tool rental also includes the use of a DVD that shows step by step diasassembly, bearing replacement and seal kit installation.

Have you changed your door latch wax motor yet? Please see MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHER R11 Q6 REPAIR KIT + 12002535 WAX MOTOR for details to prevent a control board failure. There is a video that explains the faulty door latch wax motor issue at MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHER R11 Q6 REPAIR KIT + 12002535 WAX MOTOR.
richappy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 31, 2009 3:42:33 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If you failed to use the special detergent for front loaders, you probably have failing tub bearings. You can confirm by turning the spin basket. If you can feal "rough" bearings, they need to be replaced. If you feal and hear a clunking noise, you have a busted spin basket spider support. Either one of these problems are expensive to fix.
If ok, shine a light in the basket and look for a bra band stuck in one of the holes in the basket.
If nothing, you can remove the front bottom panel and pull the tub drain hose to look for something in there that causes the noise.
Post results.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply