Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CltGrl1377  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:29:25 PM(UTC)
CltGrl1377

Groups: Registered

When I went to take a load out of the washer it was still filled with water even though the timer knob was at 'end cycle'. I tried another spin setting and nothing happened. I had to drain the water out by hand. The only sound coming from my machine is from the timer knob that still clicks (like an egg timer) when I turn it on. Everything else seems to be dead. None of the settings/cycles work, it won't even fill up with water. I've checked the circuit breaker (which is fine, not to mention the timer still seems to work so it's getting power), the lid switch (which wouldn't stop it from filling up with water) and I can't find a master fuse anywhere (to check if it's blown). I can't afford a new washer right now. Can anyone help me??!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:20:35 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi CltGrl

From your description it would appear that the problem is in the timer, but I come to this conclusion not by direct analysis but by elimination because I cannot think of another part which would be causing the scenario you describe. The failure of any other part would allow at least some functions of the washer to operate.

Here is the part.

Replacement parts for MAYTAG PAV2300AWW | AppliancePartsPros.com

When the replacement parts are not expensive I recommend going ahead and buying and replacing them, as the cost for the wrong part is small, but in your case the timer is pretty expensive. You will have to decide if you want to take the risk and replace it.

Here is the service manual, which will show you how to remove your timer if you decide to go ahead. (page 3-6)

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16023083.pdf

Good luck, and let us know what you decide and how it turns out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply