Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Don92649  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 5, 2011 7:30:41 PM(UTC)
Don92649

Groups: Registered

Older stack machine has worked great. Started having problems last year - fill but no wash - seemed to be lid switch as a tap in that area would get it going OK. Then last month it stopped after fill and wouldn't wash. Tapping lid switch etc. didn't help. Saw fuse was blown so replaced it and all was well for several loads.

Today it filled but didn't advance so I took top and lid off to check out lid switch. It looked and operated fine. Put back together and now it won't stop filling, no matter settings. Blew into level switch and hose - both were clear. All wires seem to be connected fine. Raising lid shuts off water but closing it keeps filling.

I tried blowing into the switch with same size tubing as washer filled. I could hear the switch activate and water fill stopped. I pinched the tube and tried to advance the knob to spin but nothing happened. I could hear 3 levels in the switch as I blew harder - the 3 fill levels?

So, now what to try?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.