Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bob Watts  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 11:08:29 AM(UTC)
Bob Watts

Groups: Registered

Not sure if I'm using the diagnostic test mode correctly. I have 4 blinks of the LED's above the Pause/cancel button and 3 blinks above the start button. That gives me an error code of E43(Control board problem). Correct?:confused:

P.S. Please see my earlier posting from yesterday. "Kenmore washer won't spin".
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Drags1998  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 1:37:53 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Groups: Senior Expert

Replace the DOOR LATCH Mech. I had 1 doing the same thing, I replaced the BOARD and it did NOT fix it, Replaced the latch and all is well!!!!!:)
Bob Watts  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 17, 2009 7:30:09 PM(UTC)
Bob Watts

Drags1998...did you run the diagnostic test mode before you replaced the control board? If so what code did you come up with?
Drags1998  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 9:23:38 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

I also had the E43 code, Thats what got my attention on yours!!! If you go through the test mode does your machine SPIN???? If it does, Do the latch and you should be all set!!!:)
Bob Watts  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 1:48:30 PM(UTC)
Bob Watts

Yes the machine did spin in the test mode. Unfortunately I ordered the board at a local parts supply. It will be in tomorrow. My wife wants it repaired yesterday.
I had her check to see if I had any new reply's in this forum while I was at work. You replied just after she checked.
Drags1998  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 1:57:45 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

Most supply houses will be able to return the Board, Maybe a small handling charge, but cheaper than the cost of a board that you REALLY don't need!!!! Sorry it took so long to reply!!! Good Luck!!!:)
Bob Watts  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 2:37:49 PM(UTC)
Bob Watts

I guess I call and order the door latch tomorrow and just hold onto the board till I am sure what the problem is.
By the way, how can I test the latch? Is it easy to access the latch?
Drags1998  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 18, 2009 3:22:50 PM(UTC)
Drags1998

You'll love this coming from a Tech. You can't test it !!!!! (not and be 100% sure its bad) What happens to the latch is the Wax motor that locks the door fails, When this happens, the door will lock, but won't send signal voltage to the Board. therefore the board won't allow the machine to spin, When in the TEST MODE, The door Switch is by-passed by the board!! You have to remove the boot seal on the Rt. side of the door to get to the door latch. Some have a wire and spring clamp, others are super glued in spots. If yours is glued, use a razor blade to CAREFULLY remove the seal from the front panel.:)
Bob Watts  
#9 Posted : Friday, May 22, 2009 6:49:07 PM(UTC)
Bob Watts

Thanks Drags! It was the door lock assembly like you said. I had already ordered the control board which cost twice as much and after you told me of your experience with the diagnostics code 43 I ordered the lock assembly. And the local supplier I dealt with didn't charge me to ship it back.
I'd just like to thank you and all the other volunteers for everything you guys do for everybody who needs help with repairing their appliances. I would recommend this site to anyone who needs help!:D
I'm sure that I will be back again myself.:rolleyes:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply