Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Paul F  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:59:04 PM(UTC)
Paul F

Groups: Registered

When we start a wash cycle, a small amount of water will enter the drum. A short pause and the door locks, buzzes three times and unlocks, a short pause then locks, buzzes three time then unlock. It repeats a third time then FL flashes on the LED. I have the service manual for this model and ran diagnostic with 02,04,23 appearing which are all connected with unlock and locking of the door. I then ran service mode/board output mode for both Door lock and unlock tests. When I press Max extract for lock test, the door locks and a signal is sent to the solenoid every second for ten seconds. The same thing occurs when you push extra rinse for the unlock test and signal is sent to the solenoid every second for ten seconds. What I don't understand in the manual, that it states that if the signal is present (which I take as the buzz sound I hear every second for ten seconds on each test) that the door lock solenoid is bad and the door lock mechanism should be replaced. The manual also states that if the signal is not present then I should check connections at the switch or at the control board, should have outputs from control board at Comm P8
So does this mean if I can hear the buzz from the signal sent to the solenoid I just need to replace the Door lock mechanism and if I cant hear the buzz or signal I check the other electrical points. The way it is written is almost contradictive. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.