Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mclegg0179@msn.com  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2009 3:40:34 PM(UTC)
mclegg0179@msn.com

Groups: Registered

My Maytag Neptune all of the sudden stopped working today. When I set the timer know to any wash or rinse cycle, and then push the start button, the water fills the tb for about 3 seconds and then everything just stops. Nothing happens after that. I can push the start button again and the same thing happens again. I can twist the timer know to select any cycle and the same thing happens.

I suspect a bad timer, but would like confirmation before I make the purchase and replace the timer. THANKS!:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2009 4:39:50 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Mclegg

Your machine is, unfortunately, one of the most problem plagued washers that was ever built. There are a number of other things besides your timer that are more likely to be your problem. You will want to check out your pressure switch and water level system, and what are called "wax motors" that involve your door and are also prone to failure.

What I would suggest is that you study the service manual, available at this site,

http://www.servicematters.com/m...ibrary/docs/16010061.pdf

and read a lot of posts on this site and others about the Maytag Neptune and do as much diagnostic work as you can.

Wish I could be more specific, but you are going to have to educate yourself on this machine if you want to diagnose the problem and avoid spending a lot of money changing parts you might not need.

Good luck, wish I could be more helpful and post any questions you might have.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply