Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ripman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 11:41:28 AM(UTC)
ripman

Groups: Registered

I'm preparing to replace the entire tub assembly and have received replacement parts from Whirlpool. I also have downloaded the service manual (duet_job_aid.pdf) and looked through the relevant sections. I am technically inclined but intimidated by this task; I have nothing to loose since the parts were free under warranty and will replace the machine if I'm not able to replace the tub properly. I was looking for any advice on what to expect or perhaps a ordered list of steps for the procedure. Thanks very much in advance.

-rip
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 5:31:51 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This is a time consuming but fairly easy job. Just follow the instructions in the manual and you should be fine. I will be of great help to have someone help you. Just take your time, go slowly and you should be fine.
ripman  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2011 5:36:28 AM(UTC)
ripman

Thanks. I was able to compete the replacement and the washer is working fine now.
jgb23  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2011 6:44:48 AM(UTC)
jgb23

Hey Ripman, how did you get a free tub from Whirlpool? Was it part of the ten year warranty? What was the problem you were having? I'm asking because my washer makes a lot of noise and the inner basket can be pitched up and down by hand. I'm sure the back bearing is shot! Is this why you replaced yours?? Thanks..
ripman  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2011 9:59:59 AM(UTC)
ripman

Originally Posted by: jgb23 Go to Quoted Post
Hey Ripman, how did you get a free tub from Whirlpool? Was it part of the ten year warranty? What was the problem you were having? I'm asking because my washer makes a lot of noise and the inner basket can be pitched up and down by hand. I'm sure the back bearing is shot! Is this why you replaced yours?? Thanks..

My tub was under warranty since the machine is 9+ years old. The bearings were shot on the outer tub assembly causing the inner tub to rub against it during anything other than LOW spin speed. I could see the plastic shavings near the rubber boot so I was pretty sure that was the problem. Right before I took the machine apart it started leaking water down from the front door.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply