Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
damenefee  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 10:18:54 AM(UTC)
damenefee

Groups: Registered

I haven't had it long, but it has washed 1/2 dozen loads with no issues. Last night it overflowed on initial fill & wouldn't stop until I just closed the water valve. It has a setting for 'Drain & Spin' so I selected that, and it drained but would not spin. Seemed to be continuing to try to pump water out.

My suspicion is that some water level sensor/control has gone bad and needs replaced. It didn't know it was full & kept overflowing, then didn't know it was empty and kept trying to pump out.

If it is relevant to the discussion this is a portable washer, but it has been hooked up permanently to not & cold water sources.

I'm looking for some guidance here ... is my inclination to blame a level control sensor reasonable, and how would I identify the right part to replace?

Thanks for any help,
Dale
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 6:06:34 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The general issue with respect to water not cutting off is that if you turn off the machine and it still comes in, it is the water valve. If the water will stop when the machine is turned off it is usually a problem with the tube from the tub to the water level switch, and less frequently the water level switch itself.
Jinkst  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 6:27:59 AM(UTC)
Jinkst

Groups: Registered

sidfink43, found your site looking to buy a part, but what part? Love the diagram and parts list pages. found my Washer (Roper) Whirlpool ras7133kqo. Then to this persons problem. Everything is working but... the hot water will not quit running ever... even when i shut the machine down. I have to manually shut the water valve off at the wall. You say its the Water Valve, where is it located and what is the part called? I looked on the diagram & parts list to find and buy it. Maybe i'm just too frizzled from flooding the house over and over...
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 11:21:54 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Here is the part

Part number: AP3094541
Part number: AP3094541

and there is a video that shows you how to do the job if you go to the top of the first page of the washer forum and find the video library. All you need are basic tools, nothing fancy or difficult to it.

Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply