Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
whl66  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 6:13:35 AM(UTC)
whl66

Groups: Registered

My kenmore direct drive washing machine fills water, agitates, and drains properly. However, during spin cycles, it does not spin. However, when I open the lid, hand spin the tub counterclockwise, then close the lid, it spins again. I would appreicate any help with idea as to how to fix this. Thanks a lot!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dnlow  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 6:29:21 AM(UTC)
dnlow

Do you here a click when the lid is closed? Youcould have a bad lid switch or a bad clutch. Both are fairly easy repairs and fairly inexpensive. Search the interenet for "lid switch repairWhirlpool" and "clutch repair Whirlpool" and you should find several videos on how do do these repairs. Seems like it is most likely the clutch.
whl66  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 7:20:46 AM(UTC)
whl66

Thanks for the reply. I think my lid switch is fine, as it is still agitating, draining, and rising. Howere, druing the spin cycles after wash, rinse, and final spin, the tub does not spin... But when I manually turn the tub counterclockwise, it will spin. I will look into replacing the clutch. Thanks again!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply