Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SteveMD  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 4:46:45 PM(UTC)
SteveMD

Groups: Registered

I have a Frigidaire front load washer (LTF2940EE0) that works fine until the final spin cycle. The water will drain but the drum won't spin, leaving the clothes very wet. Reading through similar forum threats, it sounds like a bad door switch. I ran the tech diagnostics and got confusing results. The first time, all steps worked fine but:confused: the fault code indicated E47 which pointed me to the door switch. Since this unit had a similar problem a year or so ago that was professionally repaired, I zero'ed the fault code and reran the diagnostic to make sure the fault code wasn't from last time. This time, step 5 that checks the door solenoid unlock didn't work and the door wouldn't open when it was supposed to. However, the fault code at the end indicated E00, which I am assuming means no fault found. I ran the diagnostic two more times and had the same results with a bad step 5 and fault code of E00. I'm still thinking the door switch is bad but I'm confused with the conflicting diagnostic results. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated. If it is the door switch, how difficult is it to gain access in order to test continuity? Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:57:25 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

It is not difficult but you should have the service manual.

Here is a link to it

http://www.emaservicetips.com/p...rizontalAxisWasherSM.pdf
SteveMD  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:36:34 PM(UTC)
SteveMD

sidfink43,
Thanks for the link to the service manual. I also found a repair video on youtube that demonstrates how to access and replace the door latch assembly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prkM2XMoOJk). With this understanding, I went ahead and ordered a replacement door latch assembly from APP and will give it a shot. Still never figured out what E00 error code means, as it is not listed in the tech sheet or service manual. Thanks again.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:14:38 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok, good, let us know how it turns out. Many times there is no explanation as to what these electronic diagnosis things are doing. Hopefully it does not mean a problem with the control unit.
JACKSON123  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 6:18:48 PM(UTC)
JACKSON123

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Ok, good, let us know how it turns out. Many times there is no explanation as to what these electronic diagnosis things are doing. Hopefully it does not mean a problem with the control unit.

MY FRIGIDARE WONT DRAIN AND THE TIMER MOVES 1MIN AND STOPS
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 3:36:19 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Jackson

Please start a new thread, include your model number and as much detail on your machine as you think necessary.

Also, please don't post in caps. It looks like you are shouting at us, and we can hear you fine.

Thanks
SteveMD  
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2011 9:26:58 AM(UTC)
SteveMD

Problem solved. Backing up, I check the door latch wiring for security but this didn't fix anything. I reran the diagnostic and the E47 error code came back although the diagnostic tests all seemed to work as expected. I tried metering the door latch but I wasn't sure which of the three connectors to check. The wax motor connector read about 500 ohms and the others were all opens. I installed the new door latch anyway and the problem was solved. Lesson learned is that sometimes you just have to take an educated guess even though all the symptoms don't show a clear cut cause. Thanks for all the help and similar forum posts. :)
sidfink43  
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 30, 2011 10:44:55 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Great, glad you got it fixed and thanks for updating us.
barnwell  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 7:04:50 AM(UTC)
barnwell

how do you repair this problem?
sidfink43  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 8, 2011 11:25:08 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Barnwell

Please start a new thread and describe you problem in some detail and post your model number. Someone may then be able to help you.

Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply