Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rbooher2003  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2007 8:25:33 AM(UTC)
rbooher2003

Groups: Registered

THE LID SWITCH BROKE ON MY WASHER. HOW DO I GET TO IT TO REPLACE IT?
ALSO WHAT SCREWS I CAN SEE ON THE WASHER ARE VERY RUSTY, ANY IDEAS BESIDES WD40 ON GETTING THEM OUT?

I also have a washer from an LSE1000 Series 1 that works. Will it work with the controller on the series 10?

Thanks,

Rich:(
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

milli  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 7:51:50 AM(UTC)
milli

Groups: Registered

Rich, Don't know if you have resolved this problem or not, but I have the same issue. I know the front comes off this model, but I think the slant panel has to come off first. My lid problem only began after a 3 month summer vacation during which I kept my a/c off and my basement got so damp nearly everything was mildewed or rusted. Anyway, I never shut my lid all the way when I am finished washing, in order to keep less wear and tear on the switch. It will finally engage (I get an "L" prompt on the panel) if I open and close the lid enough times, sometimes, having to turn off and on as many as 15 times before it will work. I know that's not a good workaround, but from what I could see when once I put the setting on Pause and opened the lid while the tub was filing, I think the water input hose needs cleaning because it sprays all over the inside and edges of the tub. It usually works well, once I can get it going. I think the lid sensing mechanism has rusted from last summer's humidity and now that the spray is going everywhere, that's contributing to the problem. When I can save enough money, I'll hire a repairman. Good luck in troubleshooting your washer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply