Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
catrinka55  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2009 8:48:40 AM(UTC)
catrinka55

Groups: Registered

I just received a replacement water inlet valve from AppliancePartsPros.com. It came in just one day which was awesome, but my husband is not quite sure how to take apart the washer to replace it. It is part #12002158. We would like to see a diagram on how to take apart the washer. A diagram was included for replacing the valve, but not how to take apart the washer to access the valve.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 1, 2009 10:25:15 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I have not worked on that exact model, but generally these machines open in one of two ways.

1. There are two screws at the bottom, which hold the front panel on. Take them off and the front panel swings out and off. You will then see screws holding on the top. Take them off, take off the top and you can get to the inlet valves.

If you do not see the two screws at the bottom, which I think is the situation with your model, then

2. The top will come off if you gently insert a thin putty knife between the top and front panels at each end. This will release two clips, which will enable you to take off the top and have access to the inlets.

If you click on your model number this site will take you to diagrams of your machine, and you will see the two clips.

Good luck and let us know how the repair turns out. The APP folks do get stuff out quickly!
wallstreethotrod  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:29:49 AM(UTC)
wallstreethotrod

My washing machine also wasn't filling with water, but would spin. My neighbor, who is much more mechanically inclined than I am, found that the fuse was no good. We replaced the fuse and the machine now works fine.
Nurse Janice  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:59:39 AM(UTC)
Nurse Janice

How to install water inlet valve on Maytag model #PAVT244AW
Nurse Janice  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2012 8:02:49 AM(UTC)
Nurse Janice

Please write instructions on how to install Maytag washer water valve replacement. Any diagrams?
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:43:13 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Nurse Janice

If you will post a model number someone may be able to help you.

Thanks
Nurse Janice  
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 1:44:01 AM(UTC)
Nurse Janice

I received the part and have been asking for directions and possibly a diagram for 3 days now. The email said your person answered but it just goes back to the original blank screen. I have entered model number and what i need (instructions and a diagram). I have filled out the information way too many times now. I am tired. Janice
Nurse Janice  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 1:46:54 AM(UTC)
Nurse Janice

OK I give up.You keep sending me back to the repair forum site and it is now blank for the fourth time.
denman  
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 4:55:09 AM(UTC)
denman

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Don't give up just yet.
Here is a service manual which may help.
http://appliancejunk.com...e&id=22;t=1336308284

FYI: The best way to get help is to start your own thread using "Post New Topic"
I could not find where you did this.
Adding to another person's post with a similar problem but different model is very confusing.
Also regular posters on the forum see a post with several answers/replies and if it is busy do not check whether it is another question or is just a comment on the original post.

Note: I do not work for AppliancePartsPros, just spend time here trying to help a few people. The only reason I looked at this post is I am bored this morning so am just cruising around.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply