Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gadgeteer99  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 11:28:56 AM(UTC)
Gadgeteer99

Groups: Registered

A GE Eterna series EWA2000AOWW washer seems to be working just fine in any other area...will agitate and everything. But, when it gets to the spin cycle it just...stops. The water isnt removed and it doesnt even seem to be trying to do anything.

Google shows answers to a similar problem, but with the water draining (which would be nice). What all would I be able to check for without hiring someone? Obviously the belt because I just have to look at it to tell if its broken.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2009 5:18:08 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Groups: Registered

Sounds like pump is clogged or maybe has a loose wire. Can you hear the pump trying to run when it gets to spin? The washer will not attempt to spin until the water is pumping out. You either have to pinch the hose off with a hose pinch off tool or remove the water to check to see if the pump is clogged. I always pinch the hose off but have been told that a shop-Vac works nice for removing the water from the tub. You can also dip the water out but that’s no fun!! Once the hose is pinched off or the water is removed, remove the hose going to the pump and check to see if it is clogged. If so remove the obstruction and your washer should be fixed. Clothes Washer Repair Guide
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply