Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mr. Fixit-SB  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2011 9:30:01 PM(UTC)
Mr. Fixit-SB

Groups: Registered

The old faithful Whirlpool toploader washer is acting up. I should probably just get a new one, but want to see if I can keep her out of the junk yard for a few more years. So... main timer knob has the following choices: 1. Regular, 2. Permanent Press 3. Super Wash 4. Delicate 5. Soak.

We usually run it on Regular, but recently it stopped draining after the wash cycle on Regular. So we started to just operate in on the Permanent Press option of the dial...and it worked just for for several months.

Now, my wife reports it doesn't agitate in the Permanent press option (but it drains and spins fine). So...regular cycle = no drain after wash, permanent press=no agitation (but drains/rinses/spins okay).

Seems to me the pump is fine (since it drains in permanent press mode), the lid switch is probably fine (since it spins okay). Maybe timer??

Any expert ideas out there?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.