Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
golive  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:56:30 PM(UTC)
golive

Groups: Registered

I had some intermittent problems with the washer cycling a while back. Recently, a rat decided that inside the washer would be a good place to die, YUK!!! Anyway, I was going to do one last load before the major "dead rat" cleanup job. The washer will not fill. This forced the cleanup job to be done first! I looked at the water pressure coming into the machine and it is more than adequate. When I turn the washer on to run a cycle 120v. is missing at the inlet solenoids. according to the schematic, it looks like the front panel switches are in line with the Water Pressure Switch and that should gate 120v to the solenoids via the temperature switch. I replaced the pressure switch and the symptom did not change. It appears that the "timer" is involved in this too. The timer is expensive! How likely is it that the timer is at fault. If I hire a repair person, I may as well just buy a new washer at their rates!!!

Is there anything I should check?

Thanks, Glenn
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.