Discuss

Kenmore washer won't drain or spin

in

Washer Repair

. "

My washer will fill with water and overflow but the agitate and spin cycle won't kick in. The water won't

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Kenmore washer won't drain or spin

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-24-2009, 05:29 PM

bhatiahn is on a distinguished road
Default Kenmore washer won't drain or spin
Brand: -brand-   Age: More than 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

My washer will fill with water and overflow but the agitate and spin cycle won't kick in. The water won't drain because it hasn't gone through the washing cycle. It was working fine until 2 days ago.

Can I do anything to revive it, or do I need to replace it? Please help.

Thanks.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-24-2009, 05:46 PM

applianceman is on a distinguished road

Check to see if the hose going to the pressure switch has stopped up or fell off. If not the pressure switch may be bad. The water valve can also cause the overflow problem but it would start agitating when the water got to the set level. But if the water is running and you unplug the washer and the water doesn’t stop the valve is bad if it stops look at the hose that I mention above. Clothes Washer Repair Guide
Old 04-24-2009, 08:07 PM

applianceman, thanks for the quick reply. The hoses from the water supply to the washer haven't come off. I don't know where to locate the pressure switch, but unplugging the power stopped the water. So I guess the pressure switch is bad. Would that prevent the machine from kicking into the agitate cycle?

I also see a lot of messages here about the lid switch going bad frequently. Could that be the problem?

Your help is much appreciated.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:49 AM

applianceman is on a distinguished road

I would have to have the model number to tell you more on how to locate the hose I was referring to. I think the pressure switch or the hose I am referring to is the problem rather than the lid switch because the lid switch wouldn’t cause the washer to overflow.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:00 PM

Well, repairing it is a moot point now. The wife wants a new machine so I caved. Thanks for your help.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.