Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kdiver58  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:28:47 PM(UTC)
kdiver58

Groups: Registered

I have a front load washer that will go through all cycles but will not do the final spin. I am very handy with fixing stuff so I just assumed a belt or gear box. I found the belt in tack and no drive-train troubles. I used a shop vac to pull all of the water out of the pump but that did not seem to fix the problem. Although I was able to get it to final spin one time.
I removed the pump and it is very noisy but still has all of the vanes and runs just fine and does not slip on the shaft when I put pressure on it while it is spinning. I'm guessing it's the door latch switch. I've read to check it with a multi-meter .. But I don't know what values are good .. Please point me in the right direction. Thanks .. K
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dmay21  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:15:27 PM(UTC)
dmay21

I take it the unit is not draining the water these machines are equipped with a pressure switch and will not go into spin until the water has been drained. ok if you look at the hose that connects the tub to the pump there is a filter in there. pull this filter out and clean it,its a clear plastic. Make sure to put the filter back in correctly. I have seen them put back in wrong and get sucked into the tub and cause some damage.
kdiver58  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2011 7:11:05 AM(UTC)
kdiver58

The pump is noisy but works just fine. I'm guessing it's the switch or the board.
kdiver58  
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 2, 2011 2:19:27 PM(UTC)
kdiver58

It was the door latch and switch .. All is well
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply