Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kwijiboe  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 4:37:33 PM(UTC)
kwijiboe

Groups: Registered

The washer fills with water and on a cycle that starts with remaining time of 58 minutes, it takes about 11 or 12 minutes for the water to come into the machine then it starts to drain immediately and then it stops at 41 minutes and the start pause button flashes. The drum does not spin at all. We have checked the filter and the pump and they are both clear of debris and the pump's impeller is not obstructed. We followed the steps to reset the control board and then we ran the machine with a small load on the speed cycle. It worked, the drum spun correctly so we assumed resetting the control board fixed the problem. The next time I used the machine, I ran a load with a set of king sheets and king mattress pad, a normal full load that I typically run. It did the same thing as I described above (stopping prematurely, no spinning). We drained the washer completely and ran the test cycle for our model and E22 was displayed. We made sure the manual water supply valves are fully open and inspected the inlet hoses for kinks/obstructions (the water comes through with a full flow). We don't know where we should look for the water valve screens to see if there is a restriction there. The error code guide says that if the steps we followed do not clear the problem, replace solenoid water valve. We don't know where that is.

We had to go out for a couple of hours since I typed the note above; when we got home, we ran the t02 test for error codes; the only error code that displayed was E22. We next ran the t04 and t05 tests and they ran correctly. The t06 test (water level control test) did not run properly. The water began to fill in the tub but the display never read F, nl or oF and it did not pump the water out. We pressed the start/pause button and it drained for about 10 seconds and stopped. We pressed stop/pause again but nothing happened so we pressed the power button and the water drained, again for 10 seconds. We repeated this process until the tub drained completely and the display showed E, indicating it was empty and then the display showed t06 again.

We skipped t07 as we don't think there is a problem with the water heater. When we ran t08, the water filled (and the display read Hot) but the pump never came on to pump out the water. We went through the same process described for the t06 test except that when we pressed the start/pause button, after 10 seconds of draining, water started flowing back into the tub; we would press the power button as soon as that happened and then the water would drain again for 10 seconds. We went through this process until we were able to drain the tub completely. The same thing happened when we ran the t09 test (the display read Cld).

We ran t10, t11, t14 and all of those tests were fine. I hope this additional information is helpful in identifying the problem with our washer!

We appreciate your assistance! Thanks so much! Noni
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.