Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jklingel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:30:17 PM(UTC)
jklingel

Groups: Registered

Ser # 4433..... I followed the flow chart under "Won't spin" and it leads me to "Replace Machine Control Board". A tech I spoke w/ looked at that C Board and said he'd never seen one bad unless a certain resistor was blown (mine was good). He then said to jump between two wires, and if spinning was enabled, I should call Maytag for a free Motor Control Board kit and install it. However, the two wires he said to jump, RD 23 from the Door Lock/Spin Enable Switch and OR 40 (to Conn P2, #4, out-of-balance wire), both already had 118 VAC in them, so jumping was pointless. Here is all I know/did: When set in Spin cycle, Door Lock light comes on; wax motor extends properly, hits the Spin Enable Switch, and juice flows through it to Conn P3, #7; all 3 out-of-balance switches are normally closed and juice flows through them; all 7 of the used pins in Conn P3 have 118 VAC in them, even #1, marked "24 VDC" (that is a concern); no out-of-bal switch wires appear to be broken/loose, and since juice flows to Conn P2, #4, I gather that they are doing their thing. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks. john
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

neptune help  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 4:50:30 PM(UTC)
neptune help

Does the door locked light come on when your Neptune should be in the spin cycle? If not, see MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHER R11 Q6 REPAIR KIT + 12002535 WAX MOTOR for more info.
jklingel  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 25, 2009 7:02:23 PM(UTC)
jklingel

Yes. Lt comes on, juice flows to the mother board behind the console, as it should. Nothing prior the that mother board is at fault. What I could not figure out is why the pin marked "24 VDC" had 118 VAC in it, and why it still would not spin when it seemed like everyone who should be hot was, at the appropriate time. So, as I figured we were looking at either a $230, a $260, or both, motherboard(s), we went and got a new Samsung. I was having a hard time justifying such big gambles on parts, and then maybe still having a dead machine. I'm putting it on Craig'l list in the freebies section; maybe someone with better diagnostic tools/abilities can turn it into a good machine for cheap. Dang shame to have to chuck an otherwise functioning machine, but I guess the days of isolating and then getting a $20 part are over. Frustrating, and horribly wasteful. Maybe the repair shop will take it, fix it, and sell it. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. john
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply