Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rtextreme2000  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 7:36:52 PM(UTC)
rtextreme2000

Groups: Registered

My washer will fill, agitate, and drain but will not spin the clothes. They are sopping wet when I open the flip lid. It had left some standing water on the floor the other day I was told to replace the pressure switch and I did. It has not leaked again however, now it wont spin. It will start, fill, agitate like normal and it will drain but the drain pump keeps pumping after all the water is gone and it will not spin the water out of the clothing. It will keep trying to drain and eventually the timer will keep moving and shit the machine off. Clothes still soaking...... Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 23, 2009 4:26:04 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

It sounds like your water level switch is not recognizing that the water has drained out and that the timer can tell the machine to start spinning.

Check your water level switch again to make certain of the connections are good and that you have continuity in the wiring between the switch and the timer. Finally, check the plastic air tube that measures pressure and controls your water level.

You should find the problem somewhere in this process, and if not, a trip back to the place you purchased the water level switch may be in order for them to replace a defective part that you received.

Good luck, and let us know how this turns out.
rtextreme2000  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 4:17:25 AM(UTC)
rtextreme2000

Sid,
Thanks so much for your reply. I was doing a bunch of research online and found it could possibly be the lid switch. So I temporarily bypassed the switch and it works. So I hope it keeps on ticking. Have you heard of this?

Again thanks much Sid. I appreciate your help.

Scott
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2009 5:00:28 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Glad you found the problem, but you should not operate the machine without a functioning lid switch. I strongly recommend that you replace the lid switch as soon as possible as it is there for a safety purpose, mainly to stop the spin when the lid is lifted and you or someone else is tempted to place your hands in the tub.

Hope it continues to work in the future
GNO22  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:53:07 PM(UTC)
GNO22

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like your water level switch is not recognizing that the water has drained out and that the timer can tell the machine to start spinning.

Check your water level switch again to make certain of the connections are good and that you have continuity in the wiring between the switch and the timer. Finally, check the plastic air tube that measures pressure and controls your water level.

My hot point washer (VLSR1090G8WW) is acting funny. Originally it wouldn't spin. Now the only thing it does is agitate and drain. This occurs at time I would not expect it to. For example as soon as I turn on the machine, it starts agitating, not filling. I figure it is not the lid switch as it won't agitate unless I have the switch engaged. I've replaced the water inkjet valve and the timer. Any ideas?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
GNO22  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 28, 2014 9:53:41 PM(UTC)
GNO22

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post

My hot point washer (VLSR1090G8WW) is acting funny. Originally it wouldn't spin. Now the only thing it does is agitate and drain. This occurs at time I would not expect it to. For example as soon as I turn on the machine, it starts agitating, not filling. I figure it is not the lid switch as it won't agitate unless I have the switch engaged. I've replaced the water inkjet valve and the timer. Any ideas?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
fairbank56  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:10:36 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Open the front panel by inserting a putty knife into the top groove in line with the lid opening on each end to release the clips while pulling on panel. Tilt panel outward and lift from washer. There is an air dome with hose attached on lower left side of tub. Disconnect the hose and clean out any gunk in it and the air dome as well. Dome is not removable so you must use a wire to get into it and can also flush some water through it. Be careful, you don't want to break the hose nipple off of it. Reattach hose and try washer again.

Eric
GNO22  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:33:58 PM(UTC)
GNO22

Eric, you were spot on. Thanks a million! It is amazing how just a little lint can shut down a system.

GNO
wesleyohall  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:45:50 PM(UTC)
wesleyohall

I just posted the same problem minutes after you did! Hopefully we will get answers soon.
#10 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2022 9:32:02 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have Hotpoint washer. It was working fine then I stopped during spin cycle to check clothing and now it either confused or something happened bc it filled back up with water and won't drian agitate or anything just keeps trying to fill water. Help
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply