Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Danhudgens  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:37:35 PM(UTC)
Danhudgens

Groups: Registered

Getting error message on my GE Profile.
Notice! A problem has been detected with this unit.
I have unplugging and message keeps popping up and will not go away.
Please Help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2009 4:10:48 PM(UTC)
applianceman

[FONT='Times New Roman']The only way this will go away is if the washer is entered into the field service mode, the error is viewed then the washer is unplugged and necessary repairs are made. You can enter the field service mode by turning on the washer and pressing home. Once at the home screen press help. Then press and hold my cycles and back simultaneously for three seconds. If done correctly you should see the error that caused the control to shut down your washer. Then unplug the washer and post the error here and I will tell you what GE recommends to do next. For more on do-it-yourself appliance repair visit Appliance Repair Guide For All Major Home Appliances [/FONT]
Danhudgens  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:12:11 AM(UTC)
Danhudgens

I tried pressing the Home button, but the message still remains?
I tried holding down and just pressing without anny success.
Any suggestions?
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:31:46 AM(UTC)
applianceman

Press and hold my cycles and back simultaneously for three seconds from that screen and see if that works. If not uplug it and plug it back in and see if it will let you do what I said in the first post.
Danhudgens  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 6:24:26 AM(UTC)
Danhudgens

Received 3 messages.
1. The pressure sensor or hose is damaged or disconnected. Please check.
2. Serial communication link between main pcb and inverter PCB down.
3. Broken clutch coupling.
Danhudgens  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 7:20:15 AM(UTC)
Danhudgens

I unplugged unit, and then went through inital setup. It seems the washer is working. What would you suggest?
applianceman  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 2:17:24 PM(UTC)
applianceman

The pressure sensor error and the clutch coupler error will both shut down the washer. I have seen the clutch coupler error many times and a lot of those times after I clear the error the washer will seem to be permanently fixed. Actually I have never seen the clutch coupler broken. The presser sensor error however I have never seen but it means that the pressure sensor is bad or the hose going from the sensor to the tub is broken or stopped up. With that being said the inverter board can cause all three of the errors that you have received. So if it were me I would check the hose going to the pressure sensor and if it didn’t appear to be stopped up or broken I would use the washer until the errors reappear (if they ever do). Then replace the inverter board.

PS. If you want to look at the clutch coupler you must lean the washer all the way back and remove the rotor by removing the 15/16 rotor nut in the center of the bottom of the washer. Note that if you don’t hear any unusual noises don’t worry about this because its probably ok. Hope this helps!! For more on do-it-yourself appliance repair visit Appliance Repair Guide For All Major Home Appliances
applianceman  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 2:32:18 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Also this is how you test the pressure sensor.

• Set the washer to sneakers.
  • Start the cycle.
  • Once the water stops measure the water from the center of the hub. (It should be approximately two inches above the hub)
  • Cancel this cycle.
  • Set the cycle to comforter.
  • Once the water stops measure the water again (it should be approximately 11 inches above the hub).

If it fails this test and the hose is not broken, disconnected or stopped up replace the sensor. Keep in mind that the inverter can cause this also.
michaefs  
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 9, 2011 5:47:55 PM(UTC)
michaefs

You guys are awesome!

I just caused an error on my washer and it reported the same general error. I opened the lid while it was spinning, it stopped ,but then I hesitated, closed the lid, it started spinning again, then I opened the lid again to add the extra garment, it stopped this time too but then beeped at me giving the Initial error. I googled the error verbatim, and found this site, i did everything you said, although my machine never went to the home screen, i just proceeded with pressing the buttons in the order you indicated; within minutes I had a working washer again!

You guys are the best!

THANK YOU
dowork1  
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 29, 2012 3:26:32 PM(UTC)
dowork1

I have the same unit, that is giving the same error code. I followed the instruction on this site and it is prompting, "The motor is not rotating properly. Check and replace if necessary."

So, I know I need to get a new part, I just don't know how to check to know which part I need to get.

Any suggestions will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply