Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
czak91  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2009 11:32:27 AM(UTC)
czak91

Groups: Registered

This just started 2 weeks ago. After washer is filled w/clothes and agitator starts spinning, it squeaks continuously until it goes into the rinse cycle. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2009 4:24:32 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If you feel comfortable doing so take off the front panels and operate the machine to see if you can narrow the area to where the noise is coming from. Also, are you saving you do not get the noise in the rinse and spin cycles?

Also, please check you model and number and post if what you provided was not correct.
czak91  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 8:50:05 AM(UTC)
czak91

Hello - model & serial #'s are correct, and squeaking doesn't happen in rinse or spin cycles.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 10:07:30 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Obviously there is something in the agitation system that is causing this. Diagnosing noises is probably the hardest thing to do by remote, since we cannot hear it or tell the type of noise it is.

I would recommend you remove the bottom service panel, operate the machine and listen to see if you can determine where the noise is. You may find it as simple as a squeaky idler, but if it is in the transmission I would not recommend you disassembling the machine to get to it.

Good luck
czak91  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:07:18 PM(UTC)
czak91

We removed the front panel and it seems like it is the agitator. Belts look OK when spinning and are not frayed at all. It is only squeaking when the washer is full of clothes before it goes into the rinse cycle. Would you recommend repair by qualified tech at this point?
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:41:11 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

If the noise is not a problem, and the machine is operating normally I would wait. However, if it starts to look like the agitator is struggling I would call a service tech as this could signal the start of major problems.

My bias is, of course, in this direction and I would invite other readers/techs to share their opinion.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply