Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fa1  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 6:07:02 AM(UTC)
fa1

Groups: Registered

hi everyone,

last night my gf and i noticed our washing machine was out of balance near the end of the cycle and there was some water underneath it -- just to clarify we were far from the machine so just couldn't tell and it was likely doing it the whole run. the machine is about two years old and this is the first time it has ever leaked. i'm not at all familiar with washing machine parts or repair but i pulled it out and looked around and the only thing that looked odd to me was the water seemed to mostly fall/drip along the left and right sides of the machine. i will probably end up calling someone in, but figured i'd give this a go first to get some insight.

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 3:14:35 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This may be a problem, or it may not be. Hopefully not but lets see.

Use a level to make certain the machine is level across the front. Make sure the floor around the machine is dry, then run a full load and watch the machine to see if it leaks again. It could be that you had a highly unbalanced load which resulted in the water sloshing out of the machine, and you want to eliminate this as a cause before proceeding and getting an expensive service call.

If it continues to show a water leak, please post back with your model number and we will give you some ideas of how to check it out.
fa1  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:01:23 PM(UTC)
fa1

Groups: Registered

thanks for your reply, sidfink43.

it has not happened in a while, so i'm assuming it was only out of balance. i never did level it as it seems it doesn't really need it.

we've started to load the machine a different way which i'm assuming solved it.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:03:51 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Great, glad it stopped. If it starts up again, post with your model number and we will take you through the diagnosis.

Thanks also for updating us.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply